Our Personal Data Protection Policy is governed by the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (hereby, “GDPR”) and is in accordance with existing laws, regulations, and directives regarding personal data protection. The Company’s main objective is to inform you of the transparent manner in which your personal data is processed. For our Company, privacy and the protection of your personal data are of the utmost importance, therefore it takes the appropriate technical and organizational measures in order to protect the personal data it collects and processes, ensuring that any data processing is lawfully realized.
- Controller’s Name and Address
The Controller, as defined by the GDPR and existing laws on the protection of personal data, is Barkingwell Media S.A., Building 6, Rest Area 1 (Mesogeia), 40,2 Km Attiki Odos, 19002 | Paiania +30.2146877700 – [email protected].
We hereby present a short lexicon of the most common terms found in this Privacy Notice:
- A) Personal data: Any information concerning an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”). An identifiable data subject is a data subject whose identity can be directly or indirectly verified, particularly through the mention of an identifying element, such as name, identification card number, location data, online identifier, or other factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, psychological, economic, cultural, or social characteristics of the natural person in question.
- B) Data subject: Any identified or identifiable natural person whose personal data is processed.
- C) Processing: Any operation or series of operations performed with or without the use of automated means on personal data or personal data sets, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination, or any other form of availability, alignment or combination, erasure or destruction.
- D) Controller: The natural or legal person, public authority, agency, or other body which, on their own or in conjunction with others, determine the purposes and manner of personal data processing. When the purposes and manner of processing are stipulated by EU Law or a member-state’s national Law, then the Controller or the specific criteria for their appointment may be stipulated by EU Law or said member-state’s national Law.
- E) Processor: The natural or legal person, public authority, agency, or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the Controller.
- F) Data subject’s consent: Any freely given, specific, explicit and informed indication of the data subject’s wishes by which they signify their agreement, by statement or clear positive action, to the personal data concerning them being processed.
- G) Profiling: Any form of automated personal data processing in order to evaluate certain personal aspects of a natural person, particularly to analyze or predict aspects regarding the work performance, financial status, health, personal preferences, interests, credibility, behavior, location, or movements of said natural person.
- Your Rights
As a data subject, in accordance with the existing legal framework on the protection of your personal data, you have the following rights:
- A) The right to information: Anyone processing your personal data has the obligation to inform you of the purpose for such processing, the categories of personal data being processed, and to whom said data is being transmitted.
- B) The right to access: You have the right to access the data concerning you that the Controller possesses.
- C) The right to correction: You have the right to request that your personal data be corrected or modified.
- D) The right to deletion, also known as “the right to be forgotten”: Under certain conditions, you have the right to request that data concerning you be deleyed, and the Controller must delete them without undue delay.
- E) The right to restrict processing: Under certain conditions, you have the right to request that the processing of data concerning you be temporarily restricted.
- F) The right to data portability: You have the right to receive your personal data or to request that they be transmitted to a different Controller.
- G) The right to objection: You have the right to object to the processing of data concerning you, provided that the purpose for which they were originally collected no longer applies, including profiling, automated decision-making, and marketing purposes.
- H) Rights regarding automated decision-making and profiling: You have the right to not be subject to a decision made on the exclusive basis of automated processing.
You can contact us at any moment to:
- confirm whether we possess personal data concerning you;
- access your personal data and verify their accuracy;
- correct and update your personal data file, in case it is inaccurate;
- to request that your personal data be deleted or no longer processed in case there is no legal basis for their retention.
- The Right to Appeal to the DPA
If you believe that personal data protection has been infringed, you have the right to lodge a complaint to the competent independent authority, which for Greece is the (Hellenic) Data Protection Authority (http://www.dpa.gr, 1-3, Kifisias Avenue, Post Code: 11523, Athens, Tel. No.: (+30)2106475600-2106475628).
- The Personal Data Concerning You We Collect
The Company collects and processes only information you have provided on your own initiative.
- Personal Data Processing Purpose and Use
We only process your personal data when one of the following conditions is met:
- When we have gotten your consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent in cases where processing is based exclusively on your previous consent – for instance, when your data is processed for marketing purposes, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any moment. The withdrawal of your consent does not affect the legality of processing that took place before it and was based on your previous consent.
- When the processing of your data is necessary for us to perform or conclude a contract with you.
- When processing is necessary in order for us to comply with a legal obligation.
Your data shall be used exclusively for the following purposes:
- To provide services and information regarding our program.
- To respond to your requests or complaints.
- To personalize the services we provide.
- To send newsletters, always in compliance with the existing legal provisions for obtaining consent. If you wish to no longer receive newsletters, you can opt-out of our mailing list at any moment.
- If you do not want us to use your data for statistical purposes, you can simply not give your consent when filling in the online forms through which we collect such information.
- Transmission of Data to Third Parties
Your data shall never be exchanged or sold.
In order for us to provide you with quality services, we may use other companies (Processors) to process your data on our behalf, always in compliance with the existing legislation on the protection of personal data and for the purposes set forth in this Policy. In any case, we use Processors that provide adequate assurance of implementing the appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the protection of your personal data. We select these companies carefully and only share with them the information required for the purposes of processing.
- Data Retention Period
We shall retain your data for as long as it is required or permitted by law or for as long as justified by a particular processing purpose. Once this period of time has expired, your personal data shall be securely deleted.
- Children’s Personal Data
Our Website is not aimed at children under the age of 18, nor do we knowingly collect data on them. In case we discover that we have collected the data of a child without their guardian’s valid and verified consent, we shall delete said data as soon as possible.
In order to protect your personal data, we take all appropriate security measures and adopt best practices.
- Links to other websites
Our Website may contain links to other websites which may interest you. However, it should be noted that clicking on these links means that you have left our Website, and we have no control over the website to which you have been linked. Therefore, we are not responsible for the protection and privacy of the data you provide to other websites, which are not governed by this Privacy Notice. Please be careful and review the existing privacy policies for these websites.
- Privacy Notice Amendments
This Policy may be amended from time to time. Please check this page for any new information regarding the Company’s privacy policies.